Hey everyone, I hope someone knows how to fix this weird issue. Before today, my LXDE was working fine--wallpapers were automatically set--but today, after messing around with the lxpanel settings, the desktop does not automatically set the wallpaper anymore; I have to manually set it every time I log into LXDE.
UPDATED: SOLUTION TO FIX THIS ANNOYING ISSUE!
1. Go to your home folder, press Ctrl_H so we can see the hidden files and folders present.
2. Look for the folder named .config and double click it.
3. Look for the folders named pcmanfm, lxpanel, openbox, and lxsession. Select them and right click>compress (we are making a backup of them, just in case )
4. Save the backup archive in the .config folder. Now go ahead and SHIFT_Delete those folders (permanent delete).
5. Logout and log back in--the issue is now magically gone! (well, for me anyway. This problem is rare, I've only seen 2 or 3 posts like this on Google )
[Tags (ignore these...I am trying to make this post easier to search): LXDE wallpaper gone, wallpaper gone in LXDE, wallpaper not loading in LXDE, LXDE does not show the wallpaper, black screen background in LXDE, LXDE black background, no background in LXDE, LXDE wallpaper problem, LXDE wallpaper issue]
Anyone ever experience this problem before? It's really bugging me lol. Apparently I am not the only one, as you can see from here: http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?t=1277&f=3
Now, it's fixed!