Coming to Mint

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Coming to Mint

Postby Diekan on Tue May 01, 2012 10:33 pm

I have to say, I can't understand what took me so long to make the change. I used Ubuntu for what seemed like forever and always... ALWAYS had problems. Updates often led to things breaking, couldn't this or that to work...

With Ubuntu being as popular as it is - do you think the issues with it are turning people away from Linux?

With Mint? I even have Everquest II running flawlessly -- WITHOUT having to use a Windows partition to host the directory. No hitches, no glitches, no issues.

I have to say I am absolutely glad I made the switch. Another thing I have noticed just in my short time here is that the Mint community seems a lot more helpfull. The mods on the Ubuntuforums delete posts they don't like, newbie questions often go ignored, serious questions rarely get helped. Just seems like night and day.

All this time I thought Ubuntu was the "way to go" - wow was I wrong.

By the way I am not meaning to slam on Ubuntu - I can't understand the "why."
Diekan
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Coming to Mint

Postby DataMan on Wed May 02, 2012 5:37 am

On behalf of the collective a warm welcome to Mint. It's always good to hear from a new initiate who has had a positive experience. The obvious advice based on your experience is to spread the word on your experiences with Mint (Ubuntu based friends... :lol: ).

I know we all look forward to your contributions to the Mint project in the future.

-DataMan
Linux'd since 2005 Linux ID 422356 Ubuntu ID 15015
DataMan
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Other topics