An open invitation

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

An open invitation

Postby Habitual on Wed May 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Hello there!

Most of you "know" me by my persistent posting here and at ubuntuforums.org under the same nick. I try to post correct solutions to requests for help. Sometimes I get it wrong, sometimes I don't.

After I changed my signature recently, I decided to buy the domain, and copied my personal blog and I call it "Son of Dorkblog".
It contains 500 Linux-specific posts in just over 2 years since I started. You will NOT find any of the usual style of blogging, I don't write so well.
You can keep the fluff. I just post what works.

I invite you to come on by (see my sig link)

Peace.

NOTE to MODs: If this violates Policy, just toss me out on my ear or delete it :)
What's a landing but a take off in reverse?
My DorkBlog
Habitual
Level 8
Level 8

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: An open invitation

Postby xenopeek on Thu May 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Cool! Your description on how to kill a user had me in stitches... "DO NOT USE THIS ON root" :lol:

Handy set of tips & tricks. I keep a file with things like this, looks like I'll gather some more here :wink:
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Re: An open invitation

Postby Habitual on Thu May 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Vincent Vermeulen wrote:Cool! Your description on how to kill a user had me in stitches... "DO NOT USE THIS ON root" :lol: ...

Yeah, that came from Personal Experience :oops: and I figured someone else doesn't need to suffer the same experience I did, a reboot of a working Production Server.
What's a landing but a take off in reverse?
My DorkBlog
Habitual
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Other topics