Hacked or something??

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scooter_x

Hacked or something??

Post by scooter_x »

What the Fruit?!

So, every now and again (running Mint 11 on my netbook), if it's been just suspended for awhile, I open it back up and WHAMO! I get something like what is in this screenshot:

http://173.254.67.139/messedUpScreenie.jpg

(Ignore the ugly dude in the reflection. I couldn't take a screenshot because my little 1G of ram was already spent)

I don't have a clue why this happens. You can't see it super good, but there's an added panel on the left, an added panel on the top. Also on the desktop there's usually several "untitled folder" or "untitled document" icons all scattered everywhere. My bottom panel actually had a system monitor on it. But it got removed, and there's a MILLION terminals opened. Okay, that may be exaggerating a bit. Anyone have any idea how or why this happens? It's driving me batty.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Hacked or something??

Post by xenopeek »

Sounds like keyboard events keep firing, either just before suspend or upon resuming. I was about to suggest, lock your screen before you suspend (Ctrl+Alt+L), to prevent keyboard events from doing anything. But then you can't suspend of course :(
sunewbie

Re: Hacked or something??

Post by sunewbie »

A very silly and stupid question.

Is any key on your keyboard stuck up and remains pressed?

It happened to me twice. Once shift key and another time enter (return) key was stuck up.

and suddenly things started behaving as if it was haunted. Because <enter> is constantly pressed, even if you hover mouse over any icon, that app may be fired.

Return to “Other topics”