Mint 12: MATE suspend=hang

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
trg818

Mint 12: MATE suspend=hang

Post by trg818 »

Hi,
I have a desktop computer on which Mint 12 is installed, and the desktop used by all normal users is MATE. Except for the first user added when I installed the machine (or so I recall), none of the users can successfully suspend the machine and wake it up after some time - when going into suspend, the machine will always freeze, apparently at the stage when checking battery status (which obviously doesn't make a lot of sense on a desktop that is always connected to power), and it keeps running. The only remedy in this situation is to reboot the machine.
Is this a known problem (I didn't quite find a problem description that matches these symptoms after some googling)? Am I supposed to do something different, or is this a bug that will hopefully be fixed in the upcoming Maya?
Thomas
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Other topics”