Login WIndow Preferences

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ibbill

Login WIndow Preferences

Post by ibbill »

Was changing the login to auto when I noticed that the default session was set to run xclient script.

The drop down arrow also shows Mate. I am loging in and using mate should I change the default session to Mate or leave well enough alone Thanks for your advice and help.

Running Mate 13RC Maya
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
glitchsys

Re: Login WIndow Preferences

Post by glitchsys »

I'm using Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon and noticed the same thing. I was clicking around and for session I clicked on "Cinnamon" and it mentioned that XClient Script or something was my default and asked if I should change it. I decided no, just for this session I'd try Cinnamon directly. It looks the same. So what does XClient script do? I assume Mint 13 is scripting something before it loads Cinnamon? Should I change to Cinnamon directly or leave it alone, but I'd like to know more about what the XClient script thing does.

Return to “Other topics”