Mint12 with Python3: Cairo

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
smikesmith

Mint12 with Python3: Cairo

Post by smikesmith »

Does anyone know how to configure Python 3 to work with Cairo on Mint 12? I've installed everything I can find (applicable) from repo, and Python 3 works, itself, but any Cairo drawing simply doesn't happen. No error roports of any kind, just nothing there. The installation seems to be missing a part of the introspection, perhaps, but I'm no expert on this and can't seem to figure out how to get it working.

The same script or scripts DO work with Python 2 on Mint, and they WILL work with Python 3 in Ubuntu 12.04, so it isn't a script problem. The versions of Python 3 are, of course, different between Mint12 and Ubuntu12.

mike
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smikesmith

Re: Mint12 with Python3: Cairo

Post by smikesmith »

I think I've determined that what's missing is "python3-gi-cairo". This is in the Precise repository, but not the Oneiric repository. Any clues on how to get it?
smikesmith

Re: Mint12 with Python3: Cairo

Post by smikesmith »

Actually, I fixed the problem, but with a bit of a dangerous hack: I copied "_gi_cpython-32mu.so" and "pygtkcompat.py" from the Ubuntu 12.04 installation to the Mint ".../ python3/dist-packages/gi" folder.

Now it works!

But I'd like to find the proper way to achieve this...

Return to “Other topics”