Thank you!

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rcentros
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you!

Post by rcentros »

Just installed Linux Mint 13 (Mate) and ... I hardly notice any difference between it and Linux Mint 10 -- which is EXACTLY what I wanted. Actually there are some differences. I won't have to worry about updating until 2017 and I'm now using Linux kernel 3.2. And the Nouveau video driver actually works well enough that I'm not worried about getting the proprietary driver installed anymore. A complete install and update on an eight year old Dell Optiplex GX270 in about 40 minutes. Amazing. Went right to Hulu, Crackle, my MP3s, CDs, DVDs -- all worked "out of the box." Nothing like it. Thank you to developers for all their hard work.

(Sorry if this is not the right forum.)

I do have one question. I like a dark background. Is there anywhere I can download the default Linux Mint 10 wallpaper -- I use 1024x768 resolution. That would make "Mate 13" even more perfect.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Thank you!

Post by dagon »

Hi!
rcentros wrote:I do have one question. I like a dark background. Is there anywhere I can download the default Linux Mint 10 wallpaper -- I use 1024x768 resolution. That would make "Mate 13" even more perfect.
This should be the package you're looking for:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install mint-backgrounds-julia
rcentros
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Thank you!

Post by rcentros »

Thanks! Took me a couple minutes to figure out that I needed to "Zoom" them -- now just what I wanted. Thanks.

Return to “Other topics”