Vertical scrolling with touchpad not working correctly

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Vertical scrolling with touchpad not working correctly

Postby szerberusz on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi!

The problem: vertical scrolling isn't working correctly (i think): i can't scroll "continuously". Under the touchpad i have 3 buttons (corresponding to the 3 buttons on a mouse) and normally, the middle button can be used for scrolling (the 4 edges corresponding to the 4 directions). Under Windows it works fine, but under Mint 13 it doesn't. If i press the edge of the button continuously it won't scroll continuously, or at least, that's the best way i can describe it. It does scroll, but not in a way i would call continuous. It's very slow: 2-3 seconds pass between "scrolls". I don't know if it is because it does scroll continuously but very slowly or it interprets my continuous pressing of the button as separate presses (there's no "speed issue" when i do scroll with separate presses of the button's edge), but it's very annoying. Also, when i use a mouse with a wheel, there's no such issue (nor is there an issue if i use the arrow keys on the keyboard). How can i make it work as it supposed to (faster), or if it IS supposed to work like this, how can i change it?

My laptop is an acer aspire 5710z (yeah, it's OLD...) with Linux Mint 13 (Cinnamon) and Windows 7 installed.

Thanks in advance for your help.
szerberusz
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Other topics