Unnamed folders showing up randomly on desktop

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Unnamed folders showing up randomly on desktop

Postby jmcook79 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:35 am

I've noticed this happen a few times with Linux Mint 13. Once it was when I finished with the internet and closed firefox and I noticed one on the bottom left of my desktop. Now it just happened when i colsed the control panel...there were two of them on the upper right of the desktop! It's really weird.
jmcook79
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Unnamed folders showing up randomly on desktop

Postby homerscousin on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Just a thought. I had a wacky problem several years ago on win xp. My desktop icons would replicate giving me 2-4 copies. Made a mess with 50 or more extra icons. Only did this 3 times I think. Turned out to be an intermittent short in the keyboard. When I used a certain key combo including the shift key it must have sent some strange signal back and just moving the mouse after that caused the problem. Replaced the keyboard, problem gone.
i5 3570k, ASRock z77 Extreme 4, 8 Gb Ripjaws 1600, Antec 430w psu, HVR 1600 tv tuner, custom case- marble top, oak face. Carver & DCM Time Window sound system. Mint 14 KDE.
homerscousin
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Unnamed folders showing up randomly on desktop

Postby jmcook79 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Thanks for the suggestion although I just replaced the keyboard in my laptop so I hope that's not the case!
jmcook79
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other topics