Screen resolution problem in Wine

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Screen resolution problem in Wine

Postby GreenBox51 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:51 pm

Hello Linux Mint community. I am GreenBox and I need help with this problem:

When i try to run a game in Wine using a "1024x768" resolution, it runs, but the screen is all black, red, or is displayed incorrectly. This happen with and without the virtual desktop and only affects Wine, Linux Mint runs fine. If I use a lower resolution, like "640x480" or "800x600", the game is displayed without problems, with and without the virtual desktop.

I tested this problem using Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Both games run fine until i change the resolution to "1024x768" using their configuration menu, every other configuration out of the game, except for the virtual desktop, is untouched.

My sys. Info:
OS: Linux Mint 13 (32 bits)

"Inxi -Fc 0"
Code: Select all
System:    Host: MintHeart-A51V12 Kernel: 3.2.0-23-generic i686 (32 bit) Desktop: Gnome Distro: Linux Mint 13 Maya
Machine:   Mobo: ECS model: A785GM-AD3 version: 1.0 Bios: American Megatrends version: 080015 date: 12/03/2009
CPU:       Triple core AMD Athlon II X3 435 (-MCP-) cache: 1536 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4a svm)
           Clock Speeds: 1: 800.00 MHz 2: 800.00 MHz 3: 800.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Redwood PRO [Radeon HD 5500 Series]
           X.Org: 1.11.3 driver: fglrx Resolution: 1024x768@75.0hz
           GLX Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 5570 GLX Version: 4.2.11762 - CPC
Audio:     Card-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Redwood HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5000 Series] driver: snd_hda_intel
           Card-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) driver: snd_hda_intel
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ver: 1.0.24
Network:   Card: Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller driver: r8169
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: 44:87:fc:50:25:6a
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 500.1GB (25.6% used) 1: /dev/sda WDC_WD5000AAKS 500.1GB
Partition: ID: / size: 24G used: 4.9G (22%) fs: ext4 ID: /boot size: 473M used: 54M (12%) fs: ext4
           ID: /home size: 208G used: 6.9G (4%) fs: ext4 ID: swap-1 size: 3.07GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 40.5C mobo: N/A gpu: 29.50C
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info:      Processes: 156 Uptime: 38 min Memory: 718.6/2013.0MB Client: Shell inxi: 1.7.33

WIne version: 1.5.15

Other info:
-I am using the last version of the privative ATI drivers, downloaded from it's website
-I already tried the privative drivers that Linux Mint 13 come with, both versions, the "normal one" (first option) and the "Post release update", obtaining the same results described above
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Other topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest