Help with several bugs/issues

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
godsotherhand

Help with several bugs/issues

Post by godsotherhand »

Ok, sorry, but mint14 seems to be full of bugs..

1)My dvd-rom is messed up.. i enter a CD now, it sees it...if i eject it, and enter a new one, in the file browser (in the left) i see the right name of it, but when i click it, it's emply and at the top i get the title of the previous CD...

2) i cannot write anything on CD's or DVD's.. i wrote some .flac files as a audio CD, but they dont playback in my audio device.. I burned 2 different .iso's to 3 different DVD's, all failed ( they we're win instalation files..they boot, but i get an error after that. The .iso were fine (at least 1 on them), as they worked fine to burn under windows).

3) vlc sound is messed up, keep getting alot of static sound (like that when a tv is between channels) (this is a problem because of issue 4 )

4) cannot find a way to change default applications..

5) i keep getting random memory leaks... just with chrome and pidgin opened, i get to fill up my 2gb ram and 1 gb swap. Cant replicate it, seems to be random.

6) system gets unresponsive really fast.. just by watching an online video (youtube) and copying something to a USB stick, my PC slows down.. takes a few seconds to bring up Nemo from the taskbar and stuff like that.. i have a decent CPU (amd athlon x2 5400+), and even though it's slowing down, the system monitor says that my CPU doesnt even go over 80%... (Usually under 50%, with little spykes under the 80% limit).
Im saying this is a problem, because doing more things (download several files + online movie + copy file to USB ) on windows 8 runs smooth..

Please help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Help with several bugs/issues

Post by herbie643 »

You said that System Monitor showed 50% most of the time. Something is eating the cycles. Check the Processes and change the View to All Processes. Then click on the Column for CPU% and see which process is highest and go from there.
It's a start anyway, might show something.
godsotherhand

Re: Help with several bugs/issues

Post by godsotherhand »

i meant it's at 50% when watching movie + copying file.. that's ok, that's not the problem. The problem is that it's unresponsive even though nothing is used 100%, or even close

Return to “Other topics”