Alpha transparency in windows (14 MATE)

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MintRainbow

Alpha transparency in windows (14 MATE)

Post by MintRainbow »

Before I continue on-topic, let it be understood that I have successfully configured Compiz with Emerald, and so far stock Compiz is working as expected, with only the occasional hiccup with mouse movement.

Now with that, I would like to enable alpha transparency in MATE, but I am not sure if I can use the old guides and software which enabled me to do it before in Ubuntu/GNOME 2. The old way involved patching Murrine with ARGB support, then using GNOME color chooser to enable this in Murrine. What would I need to do in Mint MATE to do this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintRainbow

Re: Alpha transparency in windows (14 MATE)

Post by MintRainbow »

I figured it out, I followed a guide using Erik B. Anderson's PPA. But now I need Compiz wallpaper and it's not showing up anywhere -- mildly confused.

Return to “Other topics”