Bianca Menu with Beryl

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Bianca Menu with Beryl

Postby srhalfwaythere on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:29 pm

Hey all. I'm up and running Mint Bianca with Beryl installed. I'm not sure if it's a setting of Beryl's that is doing this, but the Bianca menu button in the bottom left (start button for windows) keeps on sticking. For example:

I press it and it is highlighted with a blue background, but nothing happens. If I click somewhere on the screen then it will display. After I pick a program to run, It is still highlighted. Next time I open it up, the first click returns it to a white background, the second darkens the background and the third click on the desktop displays the menu.

Hopefully you call can follow this. If anyone has suggestions or know of a way to fix it let me know. Thanks.
srhalfwaythere
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby srhalfwaythere on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:36 pm

Oddly enough, this only seems to be happening when I have firefox open. Every other window being active, the menu opens smoothly and on one click.
srhalfwaythere
Level 1
Level 1

Postby srhalfwaythere on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:42 pm

Another update, it seems to be happening for epiphany also. I'm going to assume it's with all web browsers that are in maximized mode, but I'm not sure why that would be. If the windows (firefox and epiphany) aren't maximized, the mintMenu runs smooth. Has anyone experienced this problem?
srhalfwaythere
Level 1
Level 1

Not just you

Postby metapy on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:09 pm

Yes, if you search the forums for beryl and mintmenu you will find other posts with other users having the same or similar problems. Looks like we will have to wait for a fix on the mintmenu. It looks like a fix will not be forthcoming in the next version of mintmenu (1.10) so it may be a little while. Personally a functioning menu is more important to me than eye-candy so I have disabled beryl while I wait for a solution.
metapy
Level 1
Level 1

Postby srhalfwaythere on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Alright cool, I look forward to the update then. Thanks for the reply.
srhalfwaythere
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other topics