Can I edit MintMenu?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Can I edit MintMenu?

Post by NiksaVel »

First of all, a big HEY ALL!

This is my first post on the forums, and I have been a happy user of bianca for over a day now :) I've switched from edgy... and I must say that so far I am completely and utterly impressed with Linux Mint... it seems to be JUST the thing I was looking for.

I especially like the mint* proggys that REALLY improve the overal functionality, especially the mintConfig...

I have, however some problems with the mintMenu:

Is there a way to increase the delay time for mouseover? It would be really helpful because I am not quite sure that this new version improves much on the functionality than the previous clickable version... I keep accidentally selecting another program group...

The most important problem I have with mintMenu however is customizability...

1. I would like to change some things.... I don't need automatix sitting alone in System Tools dir... I could move it to accessories and remove that dir alltogether...

2. Wine directory seems screwed... It got created, but inside.. there is ... WOW - AUTOMATIX again :) looking at the regular gnome menu I can see my wine programs normally.

3. For whatever reason I cannot launch Brasero from the minuMenu... I have had good experiences with Brasero in the past and would like to continue using it, but when I click Sound and Video/Open Project - NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENS. Once again, it works normally in the regular gnome menu...

The final question... does LinuxMint contain every codec I need or od I need to install something from automatix?

thanks in advance, and once again GREAT DISTRO, I am already recommending it to everyone...[/list]
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

Ad 3.

I also can not launch Frostwire and Gyachi via MinMenu... both work okay from the regular gnome menu....

anyone else having these issues/solution?
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

I know I could do it like that.... (even though I prefer less icons)... I just thought I should point it out so it gets fixed...
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

yeah...

Also... while I have mintmenu as target :twisted: sometimes I experience a second-two second delay between clicking on the bianca button and opening of the menu... also never experienced this with the regular menu... it also seems to happen only occasionally and randomly

Return to “Other topics”