Help, Linux Mint 15 to Windows Install.

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SniX

Help, Linux Mint 15 to Windows Install.

Post by SniX »

I am getting quite desperate, i have been trying to install Windows 7 on my machine but have been failing.
So, if anyone can help please respond!

Today i got fed up on wine failing me, so i thought going or dual-booting Windows... But there was a problem, my Dvd Burner doesn't work, but that is a separate story. So i found a post on a website how to install Windows 7 from a HDD, but from a Windows XP/Vista using CMD by copying all the files from the .iso.
So i got an old 320gb drive, formated it and made a 5GB HPFS/NTFS (Bootable) partition and named it Install and did it.

When i rebooted and switched the boot priorities and nothing happened.

Anything obvious i did wrong?
Any tips?

Well, if nothing helps i am getting a new pc with a windows 7 install anyways, i just needed to kill some time by playing video games.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gollum17

Re: Help, Linux Mint 15 to Windows Install.

Post by gollum17 »

You could also use a usb flash drive to install windows 7 as well as other windows versions. I pulled this from a thread over on the ubuntu forums.

"For Windows 7, format your flashdrive NTFS, and set the boot flag using gparted, then copy the stuff from the install CD or extract the iso to it."

You do this from inside mint, it seemed to have worked for alot of people over there. As wintoflash is windows only currently.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
gollum17

Re: Help, Linux Mint 15 to Windows Install.

Post by gollum17 »

Sorry tt double post.

Return to “Other topics”