waiting for X server to shut down error setting MTRR (base = 0xb0000000, size = 0x04000000, type = 1) Invalid argument (22) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.
- removing (renaming) ~/.Xauthority
- removing /tmp/.X11-unix/*
- sudo killall mdm
- /etc/init.d/mdm stop (but it keeps spawning new mdm processes anyway)
- sudo apt-get install --reinstall xorg
- sudo Xorg -configure, but I get this error:
Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
If this server is no longer running, remove /temp/.X0-lock
and start again.
So I run sudo rm -rf /temp/.X0-lock.
And then I run sudo Xorg -configure, but get this:
Number of created screens does not match number of detected devices. Configuration failed. Server terminated with error (2). Closing log file.
Thanks, Parallels Tools Update!