Recovering Files, etc

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Recovering Files, etc

Postby KimJRI98 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm having problems with my computer. In the morning it was working normally. But later on in the afternoon thats when things started to go bad. It wouldnt go directly to the login screen. I had to put a root password for maintenance. Since i didnt know what that was but i found out on the web how to do it and reset the password because i obviously didnt know it. Then i had to reboot my computer. It then asked for root password for maintenance so i typed it in but said "login incorrect" after i had just reset the password. Then i put in the installation cd Linux Mint 8.0 to see if maybe it would work. Then it went to desktop. Then i was mad to see everything was erased: my Tomboy notes, my documents, mp3 files, downloads, pics, videos, and the bookmarks i had saved on firefox (internet). And I hadnt even reinstalled yet. :? What makes me mad the most is the fact that I lost my notes because i had super important things on there. :x :shock: . All i need is to recover all my files, notes, etc. Id really appreciate the help and time. Thanks beforehand and i hope i can get an answer ASAP. :)
KimJRI98
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Recovering Files, etc

Postby elbendecido on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Remember to mark the thread as solved. Click to edit the first post. At the top, add the word (solved) to the subject line.
Recuerda marcar el hilo como solucionado. Edita el primer post y agrega la palabra (Solucionado) en la línea del titulo (Subject)
elbendecido
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Other topics