Can´t install new languages [Mint 15 - Cinnamon]

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Can´t install new languages [Mint 15 - Cinnamon]

Postby samuemx on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Hello,

I've a fresh installation of Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon and for the first time I have this problem: All the system is in english and I can´t add new languages from the Language Support Panel.

In the Languague Support Panel I only see English as an option for "Languague for menus and windows". If I go to Install / Remove Languages there are only two selected: English and Spanish. I downloaded the spanish lenguague and didn´t get any errors but then "Spanish" doesn't show as an option to select.

If i go to the tab "Regional Formats" I don't see any options. I mean, the list of "Display numbers, dates and currency..." is empty and the same happens with the "Example". I don´t see anything in Number: Date: Currency:

In Regional Settings the selected option in the "Language" tab is "Unspecified" but I have a lot of languages to choose from including Spanish. The thing is if I select Spanish and reboot the selected option is again "Unspecified". "Format" tab is also empty and the same with "System" tab.

How can I begin to fix this?
samuemx
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Other topics