Correcting miss information.

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
msuggs

Re: Correcting miss information.

Post by msuggs »

I don't see any admins berating you in that thread nor do I understand your point.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

Thank you for explaining, I wasn't sure what you were talking about. I think it's fairly clear that dist-upgrade is not the recommended option on the mint website you refer to. The process is offered if you want to try it but is heavily advised against. That seems fairly consistent with previous discussions and other messages on Mint websites and this forum.
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

I think we need to move on from this idea that Mint is Debian based so all Debian tools must be usable the same way in Mint if I choose to use them that way. If it's advised not to use the tool in that way for system stability then it's ok with me.

In the case of this particular scenario dist-upgrade was given as an option to upgrade the beta Elyssa, but is is also very clear that this wouldn't be the same as the final version of Elyssa and could cause problems, hence the recommendation to do a clean install.
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

Okay, I'm sorry that this has upset you so. Let's get back to helping everyone :)
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

muskratmx wrote:I have backed off of this forum for this reason.
I wish you well in your endeavours :)

Return to “Other topics”