Missing fonts causing mess

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jamchf

Missing fonts causing mess

Post by jamchf »

I deleted some of the fonts included in the Mint 16 Petra KDE installation because they were not in English. This has caused some applications to have a very messy and unstable font displayed. It is not the same as the "crumble" many others are having problems with. It is an uneven, "overinked" typed of font. Does anyone which ones I should reinstall or is there another solution. I am new so working in terminal is a little tough for me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bobafetthotmail

Re: Missing fonts causing mess

Post by bobafetthotmail »

I would restore the fonts you deleted.

I think you can extract the fonts from the iso file. Right-click on the iso file and select "mount the iso file" then it will ask your password or not and then you will see the disk as if it was a removable drive in the file manager.

Then you have to look for the fonts inside it and hope they aren't inside a package with a weird name.

Otherwise either reinstall, or if you don't want to, install a new Mint in a removable drive or a new partiton, then take the fonts from there (and then you can erase it).

Return to “Other topics”