World of Warcraft help

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

World of Warcraft help

Postby Loves2Mint on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:58 am

Does anyone know how to make World of Warcraft work in Linux. Will wine be sufficient and if so how do I configure it. If not, what will I need. I don't really want to run a virtual machine, just want to make this game work in Linux Mint.
Loves2Mint
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby tommyj12 on Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:04 am

I think I had read that it will work thru wine. Can't be 100 percent sure thou. You can see for yourself at their site. http://www.winehq.com/
tommyj12
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Mintyfresh on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:10 am

World of Warcraft does work under Wine alone, but I wouldn't recommend it. Rather, check out Codeweavers' Crossover Office. WoW installed and ran quite well under Dapper, though I can't speak for 6.10 as I've only had Mint for a few days and haven't gotten around to reinstalling the game. If you've already installed Wine, go ahead and update it before getting Crossover Office. The program isn't free, however. That said, I've found it to work with WoW better than Wine alone OR Transgaming's Cedega. Just my two bits.
Mintyfresh
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other topics