Daylight Savings Time - USA

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Daylight Savings Time - USA

Postby trsnrtr on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:20 am

I don't really need any help here, just a comment. I am running Mint Bianca on two Linux boxes. One is a generic desktop and the other is a Sony laptop. Both have had all updates installed. This morning, the desktop changed to daylight savings time, but the laptop did not. Just a curious thing, since both have had all of their updates. :)
trsnrtr
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Daylight Savings Time - USA

Postby tommyr on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:23 pm

trsnrtr wrote:I don't really need any help here, just a comment. I am running Mint Bianca on two Linux boxes. One is a generic desktop and the other is a Sony laptop. Both have had all updates installed. This morning, the desktop changed to daylight savings time, but the laptop did not. Just a curious thing, since both have had all of their updates. :)

I'm running the liveCD on a 1.83 Macbook and it changed time no problem. I was happily surprised as I've only known about Mint for 2 days now!

Tom
tommyr
Level 1
Level 1

Postby trsnrtr on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:32 pm

My laptop finally changed time on its own. It kept reverting back to standard time whenever I would manually change it. I left the house at 9:30 AM and when I booted my laptop about 2:30 PM, it set itself to the proper daylight savings time. I noticed on the Ubunto forum that several people were having problems. Anyway, mine must have decided it had been bad for awhile and decided to make amends, albeit 12 hours late. :)
trsnrtr
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other topics