Hibernation not working

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Hibernation not working

Post by NiksaVel »

Well... after I finally managed to fix the weird install with remastersys on my gf's comp I noticed two things:

1. there is no suspend option
2. hibernate is not really a hibernate as much as death... :) it shuts down, again with those two errors about unable to activate device

however when I turn it back on, after post and grub and initial progress bar, all I get is either unresponsive blank screen or loads of errors scrolling real fast...

what to do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

It sounds like ACPI is not working properly, can not really say more without more info, but try here for more information http://www.columbia.edu/~ariel/acpi/acpi_howto.txt.
"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due."

Return to “Other topics”