Getting subscribed email notifications when not subscribed

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Getting subscribed email notifications when not subscribed

Post by BakUp »

I am getting subscribed email notifications when not subscribed, has anyone else been experiencing this behavior ? It started for me about a week or two ago.

Edited: added email
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
My Linux Distros:
sidux - Parsix - DreamLinux - Mint
Husse

Re: Getting subscribed notifications when not subscribed

Post by Husse »

subscribed notifications -
You mean an email when someone answers your topic?
For rather obvious reasons I don't use that :)
Can you be more specific about the time and have you checked your preferences?
There's something fishy going on in the forum....
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BakUp »

Husse wrote:subscribed notifications -
You mean an email when someone answers your topic ?
Yes that is actually what I mean.
Can you be more specific about the time and have you checked your preferences ?
Like I said it started happening about one to two weeks ago. But I do remember yesterday (08-12-08), I received one from either Linux Mint 5 Elyssa KDE CE RC1 (BETA 045) is out! or Linux Mint 5 Elyssa XFCE CE RC1 (BETA 025) is out!, I don't know for sure which one but it was definetly one or the other. I have also received Linux Mint 5 Elyssa officially released! more than once in the last two weeks which I am not subscribed to either.
There's something fishy going on in the forum....
Yes, my preference settings look fine.

Although, when I go to the User Control Panel, it is messed up. The tabs are being hidden almost. There is just a little tiny bit of the tab showing. In fact one can not read the title of the tabs. And when I clicked one tab, the whole page was messed up, could not read anything on that tab. This is not something just related to my Mint system, I tried the User Control Panel in two of my other Linux Distros, and it showed the same in them.
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

I just checked my Control Panel. Yes, there is something unusual with the tabs on my end, as well. I just wanted to help verify that you are not the only one seeing it.

By the way, has anyone noticed the odd placement of images on http://linuxmint.de/downloads.html ? There is something up with that page, as well. I am not sure if anyone else has pointed this out, or it is just on my end. I just thought I would mention it.
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BakUp »

You are correct rivenought, same here on that web page.

Thank you for your response, always glad to know I am not going crazy.......well, not yet anyway.............lol
Husse

Post by Husse »

Ok - I'll have admit it - we have been hacked by something coming from pinoc.org possibly a trojan named JS/Tenia.d Trojan.
But that was not before the day before yesterday
I have alerted alerted Clem and d00p
linuxmint.de is on the same server as linuxmint.com....
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

Husse, now that you mention it, in the bottom left corner of my Firefox window, when I access certain pages in the forum, I see something about waiting for "pinoc.org." However, it flashes by so fast that I am unable to read it. It is mixed in with all sorts of messages like waiting for (I think) "google-analyze," as well as the regular messages. I thought there were a great deal of extra messages popping up down there over the past day or so. Just an observation on my end.
Husse

Re: Getting subscribed email notifications when not subscribed

Post by Husse »

"google-analyze
That's another name for that crap

Return to “Other topics”