customize live CD/USB

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dexl
Level 3
Level 3

customize live CD/USB

Post by dexl »

Hello,
I am desperately trying to create my own custom live CD* of LM13 Xfce. I need to use it at my workplace. I cannot download wine, which I use daily, every single time I boot my live system. I would like to add wine to my live CD and install one program that runs in it. That's it.
I have tried about everything that I managed to find for live CD creation: UCK, reconstructor, remastersys, but none of them actually worked. There's either an error at the end or some sort of other conflict. Could anyone recommend what else I could try?

* I'm not interested in making a live USB system, which is perfect for what I need, but it happened a couple of times that my customized live USB system became unbootable for some reason and I needed to start all over with a fresh live USB creation, downloading wine, installing my program under wine... a pointless waste of time!

ANOTHER QUESTION: Is there a possibility to make an image of the USB live system that I create so that I don't have to reinstall everything once it fails to boot? Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 20 MATE
kukamuumuka

Re: customize live CD/USB

Post by kukamuumuka »

With Mint 13 you can make your own remaster.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=107350

Return to “Other topics”