Uninstalling Linuxmint

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
psycosmyth
Level 2
Level 2

Post by psycosmyth »

are you using xp? Use the win disk to repair the ntldr which will let you boot into windows after you wipe mint out. Do you have 15 gig free on your nt partition?
not sure about saving what's in your ext3. Someone will add to it I'm sure.
No, I'm not gonna bash you for your decision, it's your box, enjoy it the way you see best. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

Don't quote me on this but if you re-install windows It should actually kill grub, you can use an application such as partition magic to reclaim the unused space. Or you can just reformat the whole drive when you re-install windows.

I'm sure somebody else would be able to give you a step by step. Or you can always try google.
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
Husse

Post by Husse »

if you don't want to save anything from your linux partition just use gparted (from the live CD) to change the size of surrounding partitions so nothing is left of the linux one.
Then boot into the mode of XP that corresponds to "rescue mode" (cant remember the name right now) and type "fixmbr" and I think you're done
marcus0263
Level 4
Level 4

Post by marcus0263 »

Code: Select all

fdisk mbr
Husse

Post by Husse »

fixmbr in recovery console - had to google it, me the XP guru :), which is avilable from the XP CD unless you've installed it to the hd.
fdisk mbr is the DOS command and if you've got a DOS bootable floppy you could use that.
marcus0263
Level 4
Level 4

Post by marcus0263 »

Husse wrote:fixmbr in recovery console - had to google it, me the XP guru :), which is avilable from the XP CD unless you've installed it to the hd.
fdisk mbr is the DOS command and if you've got a DOS bootable floppy you could use that.
It's always good to keep one around, kinda like Duct Tape ya know!

Return to “Other topics”