classic gnome desktop

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

classic gnome desktop

Postby tinny on Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:03 pm

I was reading a review of Mint Bianca, and one commenter provided a clear detailed procedure for changing the SLAB-type menu back to classic Gnome. I would like to recover that procedure. Can anyone give me a link to the article?

Would someone in Mint forums kindly provide a detailed procedure for changing the menu back and forth between the two options.

I have read a general procedure here in forums, but that discussion was so casual and brief I couldnt follow it. Too many pronouns, not enough specifics, too much assumed and skipped.

Thanks
tinny
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby zephyrus54 on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:05 am

There's no complicated procedure involved. Right click on the panel-->Add to Panel-->Select Menu Bar-->Click Add. If you want one drop-down menu then select Main Menu instead. If you want to remove the Mint Menu then right-click on the Mint Menu and select remove from panel. You can use this procedure for any of the panel applets.
zephyrus54
Level 2
Level 2

how-to change menu

Postby tinny on Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:07 am

found it at DistroWatch:

If you don't like the default menu, (which I initially did not like and still have mixed feelings about);
Right-Click on "Bianca" on the Panel and select "Remove from Panel".
Bingo! It's gone.
Right-Click on an open spot on the panel and select "Add to Panel", scroll down and double-click on "Main Menu" or "Menu Bar"(which ever you like best), and Bingo! you have a new menu.
If you ever want the "slab" back, choose "Linux Mint Menu".
It's that simple. You have 3 choices.
I personally keep the "Linux Mint Menu" and "Main Menu" on my panel, so I can go either way I like.
The "Menu Bar" is identical to Ubuntu and most standard Gnome default menus.
tinny
Level 3
Level 3

howto: put panel on top

Postby tinny on Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:57 pm

Ah, that's much better. Now can you tell me how to put the panel on top, like in Ubuntu. The panel with menu is on the bottom right now.

Thanks
tinny
Level 3
Level 3

Postby AlsaPhil on Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:24 am

drag and drop :lol:
AlsaPhil
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Other topics