[Solved] Mint Help via F1

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
White Phoenix
Level 4
Level 4

[Solved] Mint Help via F1

Post by White Phoenix »

Anytime I need help on a topic for a Mint feature and click on the Help menu, I keep getting sent to a site to download the Help manual in PDF form. That’s fine, for the first time. Then I downloaded the file. I have no clue where to put it so it can be accessed by the Help menu or F1. It seems to me that it should have been setup to install in the proper folder automatically. Actually, why should anyone need to install it? Shouldn’t it be part of the system?

Anyway, since it isn’t, where do I put the PDF file so that it can be accessed by the Help menu like any other program or OS?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 18.3 / Cinnamon
Toshiba Satellite L655d-S5151 (Intel dual processor, 64bit, 4GB RAM)
Dell Optiplex 3010 (Intel dual processor, 64bit, 4GB RAM, dual boot with Windows 7 Pro w/XP Mode
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mint Help via F1

Post by xenopeek »

Run the following command in the terminal. This will disable the F1 redirect to the Linux Mint website, and instead show the application's own help.

Code: Select all

sudo chmod -x /usr/local/bin/yelp
You'll be asked to enter your password. Note that on the terminal you don't get any visual feedback while typing a password.
White Phoenix
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint Help via F1

Post by White Phoenix »

I’ve used the terminal before. Thank you for the code. 8-)
Linux Mint 18.3 / Cinnamon
Toshiba Satellite L655d-S5151 (Intel dual processor, 64bit, 4GB RAM)
Dell Optiplex 3010 (Intel dual processor, 64bit, 4GB RAM, dual boot with Windows 7 Pro w/XP Mode

Return to “Other topics”