text not visible

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

text not visible

Postby AlexD on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:32 am

I had installed Bible Time, which displays everything but the actual text. I installed another bible software, Quickverse, through Play on LInux and I have the same problem. I am using Linux Mint Mate 15 Olivia at 32 bits (although I can use 64 bit). I have other bible software that works such as Xiphos Bible Guide and through Play on Linux, E-Sword that display the text. Any ideas anyone?
AlexD
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: text not visible

Postby gtsfer on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:23 am

Not sure why Bibletime (I found it in synaptic package manager but don't have it installed) doesn't display text like that. It looks like it has a lot of other dependencies that get installed with it.

LM 15 is no longer supported. Thus you're not getting all your software updates anymore so it may be tied to this. You might consider moving to a long term support version, either LM 13 or LM 17.
Last edited by gtsfer on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a time for laughing and a time for not laughing. And this is not one of them! ...Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau
LMDE 64-bit MATE Edition
Please edit your first post Edit and add [SOLVED] to the Subject if you get it resolved.
gtsfer
Level 5
Level 5

Postby DrHu on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Which version, it used to be KDE based and there were of course bugs/issues..
http://www.bibletime.info/
http://www.bibletime.info/archive/2013/ ... 0-released
--latest version that seems to be available..
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Postby Nilla Wafer on Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:50 pm

I use Maya Xfce, and I changed the theme, just messing around, and it made text white-on-white in a few applications. Changing my theme fixed it. I don't know if that could be an issue in what you're using, but I thought I'd offer it if it helps anyone else too.

~nilla
Nilla Wafer
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Other topics