Submitted to the Chromium Project -- Mouse side scroll

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Submitted to the Chromium Project -- Mouse side scroll

Postby CutRightSharpening on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:29 pm

OK,
Couldn't find anything that looks even close so here I am.
For some reason, the side scroll doesn't work when I am using Chromium.
It works in Chrome and in Libra Office.

Probably a Chromium Issue but the "HELP" takes me to the Chrome Help pages.
Last edited by CutRightSharpening on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
I want to help elderly people with Old WIN XP machines & Dial-up access. Mint Cinnamon can be the answer, but they won't do terminal stuff. So I don't do terminal stuff to make sure they won't need to..
CutRightSharpening
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Submitted to the Chromium ProjeRe: Mouse side scroll in Chro

Postby CutRightSharpening on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Ok ,, Filed this report on the Chrome Bug pages. Reading over there indicated that this is something that is happening on a number of different OS and hardware systems so it probably isn't a Mint 17 issue.

Reported by cutright...@gmail.com, Today (1 minute ago)
Chrome Version : 34.0.1847.116-0ubuntu2 Chromium
URLs (if applicable) :
Other browsers tested: google-chrome-stable_current_i386 (1).deb --- OK

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.Go to any web page that requires side to side scrolling
2. attempt to scroll using the mouse wheel side to side toggle.

What is the expected result? The page should move side to side

What happens instead? NOTHING

Please provide any additional information below. Attach a screenshot if
possible. I am using a Logitech M305 and my OS is Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon.

I am also using Chromium 34.0.1847.137 1.mga4 x86_64 on another computer and the side to side scroll works using that same mouse.
I want to help elderly people with Old WIN XP machines & Dial-up access. Mint Cinnamon can be the answer, but they won't do terminal stuff. So I don't do terminal stuff to make sure they won't need to..
CutRightSharpening
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Submitted to the Chromium Project -- Mouse side scroll

Postby CutRightSharpening on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:22 am

Humnnn,,, This was posted to the Chromium Project report I made:

I've been fed up with the fact that the Ubuntu Chromium build does not support side scrolling already for a long time.

Now it turns out it actually WORKS in Chrome 35.0.1916.153

It would be nice if the Ubuntu could get the same update to chromium 35.xx or so. (it's still the Aurora version?)

Even though Chrome does run and the side scroll does work on Mint why is an outdated version of Chromium (with claims that it is the same as Chrome) the only thing available from the Software Manager??

The Mageia people have a version of Chromium that supports side scrolling. Why doesn't Mint?

Update..
After playing around in the setting on the Chromium Version from the Software manager and the Chrome version I downloaded and installed I have found a number of other things that are crippled in the Chromium Version.
The Extensions Flash Control and Flash Block do not work..
While both the Chromium and the Chrome refuse to print color properly from the right click menu, Chrome at least offers on the main setup page to allow for "Black and White" and that works while Chromium makes you drill down into the color settings and only offers "grey scale" which does what is says.

I am going to research this color printing issue in the forum for printing since it appears in both browsers it must be a driver issue.
CutRightSharpening
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other topics