Battery discharging with pc switched off

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CarloF

Battery discharging with pc switched off

Post by CarloF »

On Mint 17 (on a Lenovo ThinkPad E530c), the battery lost his charge (up to 20%) during the night with te pc switched off.
I tried to disconnect all cable and assured to switch off correctly (not suspension, hybernation or else).
The problem still remain.
The only way to avoid the discharge is to remove the battery after the power off.
Do you have any suggestion?
Is there know issue about linxu mint and battery? (previously i used ubuntu 12.04 without this problem).

Many thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: Battery discharging with pc switched off

Post by nomko »

If the battery discharge when the laptop is completly turned off, i think its a battery fault. When your laptop is switched off, how can Mint be the cause of your battery drainage?
Buzzsaw
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Buzzsaw »

When a laptop is on and connected to the mains, the battery won't discharge unless it's faulty.
nomko

Post by nomko »

Buzzsaw wrote:When a laptop is on and connected to the mains, the battery won't discharge unless it's faulty.
That's exacly the opposite of what i explained....
Buzzsaw
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Buzzsaw »

nomko wrote:
Buzzsaw wrote:When a laptop is on and connected to the mains, the battery won't discharge unless it's faulty.
That's exacly the opposite of what i explained....
No it isn't.

If a battery discharges abnormally quickly when the computer is off, it indicates an old or faulty battery. If it discharges when the computer is on and plugged in, it indicates a faulty battery. The two scenarios can co-exist.
nomko

Post by nomko »

Buzzsaw wrote: If a battery discharges abnormally quickly when the computer is off, it indicates an old or faulty battery. If it discharges when the computer is on and plugged in, it indicates a faulty battery. The two scenarios can co-exist.
Like i said already...faulty battery... But i said it without that confusing story of yours....

Return to “Other topics”