Mint Menu and Beryl

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sanguinemoon
Level 2
Level 2

Mint Menu and Beryl

Post by sanguinemoon »

When I'm using Beryl, I'm unable to type in the search field of the Mintmenu. At first I thought this might be bug, but now it seems to be a setting :oops: I think probably a focus setting that's so obvious that I;m overlooking it completely :roll:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I normally don't use that but it works for me and as I finally has got Beryl "sorted out" I use it all the time now
Go to Beryl Manager and select Metacity as your window manager and see if you still have the problem. I checked all settings earlier today and can't remember anything that could cause that
sanguinemoon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sanguinemoon »

Wit Metacity selected as the WM, I don't have that problem.

All the obvious options are correct. Beryl has click to focus activated, but when I click on the search field nothing happens. It;s like that field can't get focus, but the rest of the menu can.
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by telic »

When I'm using Beryl, I'm unable to type in the search field of the Mintmenu.
In Beryl Settings Manager, click General Options, and under the Main tab, set the Level of Focus Stealing Prevention to None.

----
sanguinemoon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sanguinemoon »

That works! Thanks :)
JAK
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JAK »

telic wrote:
When I'm using Beryl, I'm unable to type in the search field of the Mintmenu.
In Beryl Settings Manager, click General Options, and under the Main tab, set the Level of Focus Stealing Prevention to None.

----
Thank you very much for this insight. I would have never in a gazillion years have figured out that menu focus problem.

Return to “Other topics”