Blocking parts of Java/Javascript

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zolar1

Blocking parts of Java/Javascript

Post by zolar1 »

I want to block parts of Java.Javascript from accessing my hardware ID's and my network information (such as ip address and mac address).

How can I block just those parts and allow java/javascript to function?

Or at lease reduce permissions of java/javascript so it cannot access the information?

Spoofing said information would be a plus if there was a GUI to do it.

TOR/TAILS seems to do it (at least I cannot determine any security violations - and yes, java accessing ID's without specific user prevention is a security issue).

JAVA/Javascript is becoming a problem for me but I must have some of it to use the internet.

Note: Yesterday I tried to use a free WiFi from a restaurant. Fortunately I was using noscript and ABE blocked the provider from doing something nefarious.
I need system wide ABE I suppose.

Your thoughts? Solutions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Laurent85
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Blocking parts of Java/Javascript

Post by Laurent85 »

Look for Ublock Origin https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock
uBlock Origin (or uBlock₀) is not an ad blocker; it's a general-purpose blocker.
zolar1

Re: Blocking parts of Java/Javascript

Post by zolar1 »

I'm a bit confused here.
Why would I need Ublock when Noscript does the same job? I certainly want notifications of attempted intrusions and such with the ability to say yes or no. And preferably what resources and such were trying to be accessed (and by whom is possible).

Note: I read elsewhere about some sort of linux that isolates every program from everything else. Works much like ABE does from noscript but is system wide.
This could be the way to prevent intrusions and other problems.
Unfortunately I cannot remember what it was.

When surfing I do not want ANY information conveyed to any site or ISP. No screen resolution, no font list, nothing.
I can accomplish most of this with several FF extensions but still much information is leaked.

browserspy.dk is a great place to get checked to see what you are revealing to the world.

Return to “Other topics”