Forum profile question...

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Forum profile question...

Postby NiksaVel on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:28 am

is there a way to have attach signature and notify me when a reply is posted checked by default?
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby clem on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi,

Yes, in the profile -> preferences -> posting a message section.

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby NiksaVel on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:20 pm

thanks clem... I totally didn't notice the whole preferences section :)
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Postby telic on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:57 pm

Speaking of the forum...

When I first started posting here, the board didn't count and announce how many times I'd edit a post. Now it does.

Noting the fact (and time) that a post is changed is one thing, but I seriously dislike the count. Enough to make me think twice about posting more than a few sentences.

------
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Postby jf/ on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:22 pm

... and I just can't seem to get "notify" working. Is the emailer working? First, I couldn't get the registration confirmation email. And now this... (and yes, my email works, and I have specifically turned out notification for various topics which have been updated). Is anybody else having this problem?
jf/
Level 1
Level 1

Postby NiksaVel on Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:56 am

works fine here... maybe you have an overzealous anti-spam solution? :D
-Clem
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Postby kenetics on Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:14 am

When I first started posting here, the board didn't count and announce how many times I'd edit a post. Now it does.

If no one has posted in the thread after your post, you can edit it and it won't show as an edit.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Postby jf/ on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:03 am

NiksaVel wrote:works fine here... maybe you have an overzealous anti-spam solution? :D

nope - I've checked that already. Up-to-date, I have yet to receive any form of notification at all to my email address. I didn't get a notification of your reply, for instance.
jf/
Level 1
Level 1

Postby NiksaVel on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:32 am

it deffinitely works here tho... I get dozens of notifications from mint forums daily ... never a problem with it, so it's most likely a problem on your end... maybe it's something real simple - i.e. you've entered your email wrong or somthing :?
-Clem
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Other topics