Processor: 100% in use

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Processor: 100% in use

Postby jdriller on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:03 pm

I have been using LinuxMint for about a week now and I love it. It was way easy to install and get up to my specs, but I have a few questions: I'm running Azureus, Swiftfox and DeVeDe and my processor is staying maxed according to the system monitor. It maxes out alot actually. I'm running an AMD athlonxp +2000 with 756mb RAM. I have a 2 gig swap drive. Now I know mencoder is heavy media so gonna use up resources, but I haven't had this issue with other distros I've used. What can I do to maximize my machine?

Also, what ARE all these processes? If they are in the system monitor, sleeping does that mean they are running? Like I've got ktorrent and beagled-helper in there, but I don't have ktorrent running on my desktop. Can someone explain? I'm afraid I'm still a little in Windoze World.

Jen
jdriller
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby BlahBlah_X on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:53 pm

Tomboy really maxes out your CPU sometimes.

Try uninstalling Tomboy through the command line or Synaptic.
BlahBlah_X
Level 4
Level 4

Postby 900i on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:24 am

I uninstall Beagle as a matter of course as I seem to remember it is a bit buggy and maxes out my cpu.
Intel i7 3770 LMDE Mate 64
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Other topics