Kubunt Login Screen??? Solved!

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Kubunt Login Screen??? Solved!

Postby Red Knuckles on Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:34 pm

I installed Bianca KDE mini yesterday then added extra packages that would be on DVD as suggested. Then ran Adept Updater. When it was done updating it offered to Upgrade to Feisty [you have to install 'update-manager'] so I did. Everything is working quite well EXCEPT for one small complaint. The login screen is now the Kubuntu login screen instead of the beautiful Linux Mint login screen which I prefer. In >System Settings>Splash Screen the Bianca screen is selected. In >System Settings>Advanced>Administrator Mode 'default' is selected. How to correct this greveous, heinous error??? :shock: :?:
Last edited by Red Knuckles on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
Red Knuckles
Linux Mint KDE, Ubuntu Feisty, Debian Lenny, and Gentoo 2007.0
AMD64:AMD64 X2 4800+:4x1GB DDR2
800:GeForce 6150 256MB:ASUS M2NPV-VM:2x320GB
Red Knuckles
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Red Knuckles on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:56 pm

Wow! That was a close call. I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight because I'd be tossing and turning wondering WHY, WHY, WHY do I have a Kubuntu login screen instead of a Linux Mint Bianca login screen! Then I remembered that to upgrade to Feisty I also had to install 'kubuntu-desktop'. So I removed 'kubunt-desktop' 'kubuntu-settings-default' and 'kubuntu-artwork-usplash'. Now I can control what my login screen looks like with >System Settings>Advanced>Login Manager>Administrator Mode>Appearance. And now I'll be able to sleep. :D
Thanks,
Red Knuckles
Linux Mint KDE, Ubuntu Feisty, Debian Lenny, and Gentoo 2007.0
AMD64:AMD64 X2 4800+:4x1GB DDR2
800:GeForce 6150 256MB:ASUS M2NPV-VM:2x320GB
Red Knuckles
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other topics