"Superuser" mode?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
varaonaid
Level 2
Level 2

"Superuser" mode?

Post by varaonaid »

Hi,

I have a question. I've been moving over to Linux from Windows and finally found a home with Mint KDE (love it!). However, there's one feature from a previous distro that I miss: a superuser mode for browsing files. I can do a little of the command line stuff but sometimes, I just really miss "drag and drop". However, the permissions issues get in the way and I'm not sure how to, for lack of a better explanation, drag and drop in "sudo" mode. If anyone could offer any insights and help on this, I would be most appreciative!

Thanks so much!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

This is actually a feature that was missing in Bianca Gnome but that we put in Bianca KDE. Open the menu, go to System and choose "Krusader - root mode".

Clem
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by telic »

This superuser functionality is easily added to GNOME Bianca, for any file manager.

Use the Preferences > Menu Layout section to add the command gksu nautilus as a menu item, for example.

------
varaonaid
Level 2
Level 2

Post by varaonaid »

Thanks SO much! You solved it for me. It's exactly what I was looking for.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: "Superuser" mode?

Post by scorp123 »

varaonaid wrote:a superuser mode for browsing files. I can do a little of the command line stuff but sometimes, I just really miss "drag and drop".
I strongly advise against this ... One accidental "drag & drop" in the wrong place and your system is hosed :wink:

Trust me ... when I started with Linux back in 1996 I also had to learn it the hard way ... :D

Return to “Other topics”