Mint KDE Won't Shutdown Properly

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
varaonaid
Level 2
Level 2

Mint KDE Won't Shutdown Properly

Post by varaonaid »

Hi again,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a couple of issues I'm having with Mint KDE. First one is solved and this is the second.

Mint just won't shutdown properly. I get various screens from light green, to flashing "e", to garbled lines. Most of the time the shutdown process won't complete either and I have to resort to the power button. I've searched the forums and can't seem to find a similar problem or anything to help me fix this. I have a Dell e1405 laptop with a 2050 core duo processor and Intel 950 Integrated Graphics, if you need additional system info, please let me know. Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I wanted to add that I've tried adding:
apm power_off=1
to the /etc/modules as recommended on the Ubuntuforums.org site and it didn't help. Also updated the BIOS as recommended on there as well. No luck there either. I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a graphics driver issue but I'm not sure how I would go about checking it out or resolving it.

EDIT #2: I tried the command sudo shutdown -h now and it worked perfectly (I ended up removing the above listed edit to the /etc/modules files of apm power_off=1), Bianca shutdown screen was flawless and it was a quick shutdown procedure. Now how do I get that to work when I use the shutdown/restart buttons in Mint KDE?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

if you want you could create your own shutdown button that just runs the shudown -h now command.

:)
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!

Return to “Other topics”