Okay people, here is my situation.
I went to windows about 20 years ago screaming and kicking!
I am very happy to see linux. However I have a major problem now which is my eye sight.
To give you an idea what I need from linux please to the following if you have Windows XP.
1. Right click on the desktop and go to options.
2. Set the drop down menu to â€œWindows Classicâ€.
3. Then click on â€œAppearanceâ€.
4. Make Sure the first dropdown menu is still set to â€œWindows Classicâ€
5. Then click on the â€œColorsâ€ dropdown menu and set it to â€œHigh Contrast #1â€
6. Click â€œApplyâ€ and close window.
7. Now go to â€œinternet Explorerâ€
8. Go to â€œToolsâ€ and choose â€œInternet Optionsâ€
9. Then click â€œcolorsâ€ tab at bottom left.
10. Then uncheck â€œuse Windows colorsâ€ and set â€œtextâ€, visited, and unvisited to white.
11. Set background to black and click â€œOKâ€.
12. Now click on the â€œAccessibilityâ€ button.
13. Then under â€œFormattingâ€ check all three boxes and then click on â€œOKâ€.
14. Finally click on â€œOKâ€ to close window.
Now you have your computer set up for my vision needs.
The only thing you do not have is â€œZoomTextâ€. This program allows me to enlarge the screen as well as gives me a verbal read out of the screen. It also has a document reader which will read a whole document to me as well as read a document as I type it (as it is doing right now as I write this posting).
If you know how to set linux up for these screen setting please let me know. If you know of a program that will at least allow me to enlarge the screen please let me know.
I have another computer and if I can get Linux up and running so I can use it this other computer will be Linux ONLY!!!
I am not a gamer so I do not care if needed
settings adversly effect gamming screens.