a bunch of weird problems

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

a bunch of weird problems

Postby Ledda on Mon May 14, 2007 11:50 am

Hi guys, first of all, mint looks like a great distribution !!! i'm using the latest bianca kde edition. Before that I useD Kubuntu dapper, but I messed things up while upgrading to feisty so i've decided to install mint.

But here is the deal, when I installed mint to my desktop I had no problems at all. Everything worked just fine (internet, software, hardware...)

But listen to this, When I installed it on my laptop (a 2500 athlon xp) I had some problems (I run a dual boot, so I've formatted the ext3 partition and the swap partition after that I've installed mint)

Here are my problems this far:

- no mouse (I have a wireless trust mouse, while running the live cd the mouse worked just fine)

- Kcontrol crashed (when I go to kcontrol to set up the mouse, it just freezes)

- when I try the command "lsusb" in konsole, it freezes.

- no internet ( with the command "ifup eth0" I get the message "already up" but I cant ping to a website. (it worked fine on the live cd)

-Kpowersave, I see the icon but I cant change to another profile (performance, power save,... those options are not even visible, I can only see "report a bug, help and close" (it worked fine on the live cd)

conclusion, I'm encoutering a lot of problems that i've dont had on my desktop or on my laptop while running live from the livecd...

maybe if i can get my internet working i can just download some updates? can somebody help me with that?

strange problems is'nt it?

Stefan.
Ledda
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Ledda on Tue May 15, 2007 9:55 am

seems like i figured it out my self... did a clean install and things worked fine untill i rebooted with my trust wireless mous receiver hooked up in the usb port.

When i unhooked it and restarted my system everthing worked just fine, so the problem is my trust wireless mouse usb receiver...

when i put it in while running a session dmesg | tail tells me that everything is fine, i can use the mouse with no problems...

is this a known bug??

owyeah, is there a way to downgrade my kpowersave... in dapper had it a much more effective way to handle my laptop performance.
Ledda
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Other topics