How to use kiba-dock?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

How to use kiba-dock?

Postby Zepinto on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:06 am

I use those repositories to install kiba-dock http://3v1n0.tuxfamily.org/dists/feisty ... index.html
and then
apt-get install kiba-dock

Everything went well, and it is now installed, but i can't use it.
When i run the dock, nothing happens, i can't see the dok anywhere. I even tried to open the settings editor, cause i thought it could be under my gnome panel. It wasn't.
Whats wrong?
Ty!
Daniel.
Zepinto
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How to use kiba-dock?

Postby Zepinto on Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:48 am

Zepinto wrote:I use those repositories to install kiba-dock http://3v1n0.tuxfamily.org/dists/feisty ... index.html
and then
apt-get install kiba-dock

Everything went well, and it is now installed, but i can't use it.
When i run the dock, nothing happens, i can't see the dok anywhere. I even tried to open the settings editor, cause i thought it could be under my gnome panel. It wasn't.
Whats wrong?
Ty!
Daniel.

It works now!!!
Dunno why though...
Ty!
Daniel.
Zepinto
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Fergus on Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:35 pm

I have found that best and latest wayt o instlal kiba and all its features is to go the the kiba dock website and look in the main forum for an install script called easy-kiba.
This is a great script that sutis newbies perfectly - 9 times out of 10 it will fail if you haven't got something installed. I quick step into synaptic and back to the script to continue.

I hope this helps!

Oh - how is akamaru on your machine, i always found the physics sticky in the recent versions. I think its beginning to get overloaded with features. It needs a better plugin manager and a simpler settings interface.
Fergus
Level 2
Level 2

Postby D1Wayne on Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:39 am

try looking into the accessory menu
D1Wayne
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Zepinto on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:15 pm

Fergus wrote:I have found that best and latest wayt o instlal kiba and all its features is to go the the kiba dock website and look in the main forum for an install script called easy-kiba.
This is a great script that sutis newbies perfectly - 9 times out of 10 it will fail if you haven't got something installed. I quick step into synaptic and back to the script to continue.

I hope this helps!

Oh - how is akamaru on your machine, i always found the physics sticky in the recent versions. I think its beginning to get overloaded with features. It needs a better plugin manager and a simpler settings interface.

Oh, well....
I gave up and unninstalled it.
I couldnt put new icons, and the physics were sooooo slow....
Ty
Daniel
Zepinto
Level 1
Level 1

Postby D1Wayne on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:18 am

Zepinto wrote:
D1Wayne
Level 3
Level 3

Postby D1Wayne on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:27 am

Zepinto
wrote:

If you want it, and perhaps beryl3 SVN
Look at the Howto for More eyeCandy
It the scipt isolates your repositories for you, so you do not get the depencies problems.

if you go this route,
your current beryl, compiz, Akamaru and anything else you have installed that are at the Trevino repositories will be updated to the latest versions at Trevinos repos.
Visit the site 1st to make a list of things you want before hand.

when synaptic launches then for those things you do not already installed but want
just seach for those items you are looking for and add them
Beryl
Compiz
Akamaru
Kiba
D1Wayne
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Other topics