Where is beryl .rc?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Where is beryl .rc?

Postby bwg on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:00 pm

Just installed Cassandra a few days ago and I am much impressed.
I started fooling around with Beryl (it is so cool), but I fell into the same trap that I has been ensnaring me since my initial foray into computers.
I thought I would remember what I changed and how much I changed it, but I don't have a clue. I've got a feeling I am not the only who has done that. :)
I cannot find info in man for the settings, so I assume there is a standard text file somewhere with a config switches. So when I get find a normal setting, or if I do manage to correct mine I can copy the orig to have something to fall back on after I screw up the configs.
Any help would be much appreciated.
tks
Bruce
bwg
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby D1Wayne on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:16 pm

are referring to the
/home/yourID/.beryl/settings
file perhaps

there are import export buttons in the bottom left corner of beryl-manger fore backups and restores

also if you install the Beryl settengs simple gui, that can be used to scale up/down beryl features (it will change your current settings though). so far the only thing I had to that caused problems is the extras "mini viewport" random
freezes of machine, even with beryl 3
D1Wayne
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Other topics