upgrading from Bianca to Cassandra questions

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
civint
Level 3
Level 3

upgrading from Bianca to Cassandra questions

Post by civint »

I intend to upgrade my bianca install to the cassandra install...How much different will it be, than if i just made a fresh install of cassandra?

I have upgraded from ubuntu 6.10 to 7.04, which I did using their tool, however, that was with a clean system to start with (after a fresh install of 6.10), how different will it be in mint, with a used and customised system?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

You will of course not get the freshness of a new install. Some applications may not be upgraded or half way upgraded, but you will have a system that's working as it should.
This is said without experience - I opted for a fresh install especially as I had home on a separate partition - worked like a charm
And as Clem states and I repeat in the stickys it will use a lot of bandwidth and skill.
civint
Level 3
Level 3

Post by civint »

yeah, I reckon a fresh install will be better...with the old apttocd, which worked well.

Should it take 4 hours to download the cd image (on a 100 Mb/s connection)?
Husse

Post by Husse »

As you know download speed depends on so much more than your nominal connection speed.
First you have whatever you have only to the first router/switch at your ISP - then you share it with others.
If you really get 100mbps all the way it should take about a minute (700x8/100 seconds) but you are never alone :)

Return to “Other topics”