System Time Settings - Mint & (K)ubuntu

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

System Time Settings - Mint & (K)ubuntu

Postby kztyrvlq on Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:28 pm

Good Day All . . .

My system uses a few removable hard drives. My primary 'production' hard drive is (K)ubuntu 6.10 using KDE while my 'development' hard drive is Linux Mint 2.0 using KDE.

If the development system becomes mature then it becomes production and something else (maybe) becomes development.

Unfortunately this creates some problems with the computer itself, especially the system time. One hard drive is set for GMT display and the other is set for GMT+3.5 (local time). I did not do the same thing at installation.

I have researched coordinating them to local time but I cannot find the config file. ntp.conf sets out the time servers but doesn't address the displayed time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
kztyrvlq
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby ajt3nc on Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:48 am

Have you tried ~$sudo tzconfig ?
ajt3nc
Level 1
Level 1

Postby kztyrvlq on Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:09 am

Good Day . . .

Thanks for the reply.

All the usual suggestions will set up either the correct time or the correct time zone but none will setup the actual display mode.

I know how to correct the problem in Red Hat!

Modify one of the lines in /etc/sysconfig/clock to GMT=false.

Unfortunately (K)ubuntu / Mint does away with this config file and puts the data somewhere else. The somewhere else is where I will find the answer.

Thanks again.
kztyrvlq
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other topics