Reinstalling Cassandra

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Reinstalling Cassandra

Post by antiquexray »

Since my sound up and quit working (see "Need Sound Help" elsewhere on the Forum), it works just fine off the livecd, and I don't know how to fix it, I guess I'm going to have to reinstall Cassandra. I've backed up my home folder, but I was wondering if there's a way to reinstall without over writing the home folder.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

you might be able to move you /home to another partition.
http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php ... _partition

if not when you reinstall make a /home partition just for this type of thing and upgrades.

:D
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Sorensei
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Sorensei »

...and if I might add, once you've got your separate home partition and you reinstall, when you indicate that yes, you want /home in there, doublecheck you have mentioned not to reformat this one... happened to me once, realised the mistake one second too late. Ah, backups are such wonderful things! :wink:
I don't have a solution, but I do admire the problem.

Return to “Other topics”