Dumb question #5 ... Cameras!

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Do you have a card reader in your system? Why not plug out the card and plug it into the PC directly? For the system it will be a "disk drive" and you can drag & drop your photos where you want them.

Also: Some cameras, e.g. the newer ones from HP, need to be setup via their own setup menu (in the camera!) and you need to define how the camera should show itself to a computer. e.g. on my HP PhotoSmart R927 I had to change this particular setting from "Camera" to "Disk Drive" or else it would not work under Linux.

Now when I plugin the camera into my systems they think they have a "new USB disk drive" and will show me the camera's file system with all the photographs on it 8) ... This solved the problem in my case.

Maybe your camera has a similar setting? Did you check that?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

I had a similar problem the other night on someone else's computer.
I plugged in my ixus 40, it detects it and asks if i want to import, yes, then nothing happens.
so i open f-spot (photo management app) select import and there is my camera, i select the photos and copy/import them. all done.

i think there is a term conflict with what import means between different apps and people/english.

:D
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!

Return to “Other topics”