One post, couple questions

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

One post, couple questions

Postby ClownPuncher on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:38 am

Hi all,

I have a friend who has moved into my "guest house" for the time and i would like to share files between our computers and give him access to the printer as well. He runs XP and i run Mint. Im looking for a how-to/wiki to set this up if it's possible.

Also, i installed Western quake3 and it will not fire up. I am able to run Open Arena with no problem.

Just a quick thanks to the developer/s that have bought Mint to the users. I just installed this yesterday and spent a couple hours setting it up to my likeing. Beryl/Emerald run flawless, Even the wife who hates change and thinks nothing will work if it's not running in XP is happy as she can play her yahoo games the same as before.
ClownPuncher
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:34 am

Welcome to Mint ClownPuncher
The first handful of posts in the networking section should provide ample help for setting up XP to Mint networking.
I remember that there was some oddity with Western Quake, but that section of the forum has "died out" it seems
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Other topics