What is the BEST? Envy or Restricted Nvidia Drives?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

What is the BEST? Envy or Restricted Nvidia Drives?

Postby maduranga on Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:52 am

Hello... :)
I just want to install Nvidia drivers to get the Compiz Fusion installed and running on my pc. But still don't know what method to use to get the Nvidia driver installed. What I want is GOOD PERFORMANCE and QUALITY.. so what do you suggest to use? what method you are using to install Nvidia and ATI drivers :?:
maduranga
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby newW2 on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:06 pm

Use Envy to install drivers. Select Cassandra --> System Tools --> Envy. That launches the GUI to install / remove drivers.
newW2
Level 6
Level 6

Postby maduranga on Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:06 pm

yep.. can use envy. but i have heard that some people says that installing drivers through envy can cause problem when the kernel is updated to a newer version? what is the way to get the latest nvidia driver? and the way to get most out of my vga card?
maduranga
Level 1
Level 1

Postby newW2 on Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:53 pm

madduranga said:
but i have heard that some people says that installing drivers through envy can cause problem when the kernel is updated to a newer version?

I believe that issue was fixed. Look at Alberto's blog and post the question there. I've had no problems in any case, since Envy is included in Linux Mint, it is as simple as running envy again. :wink:

The blog is at: http://albertomilone.com/wordpress/
newW2
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Other topics