P2S Mouse Problem

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

P2S Mouse Problem

Postby crenaud on Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:37 pm

Hi every body,

I love Linux Mint but i have a real problem, i have 2 P2S Mouses and when i load a movie on the internet, like at youtube or other, my mouse freeze. To restore my mouse i need to reboot the computer each time.

Each of my mouse run number one on Windows XP and crash also on Ubuntu, Kubuntu (former installation) and now on my super Linux Mint.

My computer is a toshiba laptop satellite M50

Thanks to help me

Charles
crenaud
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Lolo Uila on Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:19 pm

The problem isn't your mouse. There are known issues with flash videos and ubuntu/firefox. Youtube is particularly problematic as it causes problems not only for people running Linux, but other systems as well (like the Wii console browser).

Personally I have no problem viewing flash videos (even youtube) in either Windows or Linux so I haven't payed much attention to the solutions. Search around and you will find lots of info on the subject.

Good luck.

Aloha, Tim
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks but ...

Postby crenaud on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:11 pm

Thanks for the info but if someone find a real solution to fix this problem, we appreciated very very mutch. I think that some great distrib os like unbuntu and also mint, want absolutely to fix that problem. For newbie in the linux univers, it's so hard to live with some bugs like that and for a part of this newbie people, it's a good reason to stay in the windows univers.

If somebody find a real solution to fix that prob, please helps us and thanks you for your help.

Charles
Quebec City, Canada

PS. Sorry for my english, my native language is french. :)
crenaud
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other topics